Monday, December 29, 2014

2014 in Cross Stitch

Hi all,

A big thank you to those of you who have left such encouraging and helpful comments! 
With 2015 only days away, I thought this would be a good time to look back at my goals for cross stitching this year, and see which I can cross off (no pun intended) my list.

For the initial post of our WIPocalypse SAL (hosted by Melissa at Measi's Musings), we were asked to come up with a list of cross stitch goals for 2014.  I didn't join the SAL until the end of May, so my goals were for June-December 2014.

These were the goals from that initial post (quite ambitious for me, but I made a dent in them: 4 out of 6 reached!) I have marked those I was able to accomplish, and shown where I am with the rest.  Just a warning, this is a very pic-heavy post! :P

Goal #1: finish "Checking His List" stocking: complete!  Gave to my bf for Christmas. : )
                Here's what it looks like all sewn up:
        
 And for the back, a Christmas plaid:

Goal #2: finish "Aurora Cabin": not so much, but I did make a big dent in it. This should be a finish for 2015 (knock on wood.)

I started here in May:


And this is what it looks like right now:
    


Goal #3: complete 4 out of 25 pages for "Quiet Time": nope.  1/25 pages complete. Oh well, better luck next year. I started it in March, and this was my progress for the year:


Goal #4: start and finish four nativity ornaments: Complete! I gave these to my mom for Christmas.
All finished up, this is what they looked like:


 



Goal #5: start and finish "Napping Kitten": Complete! Gave to my sister for Christmas.
Here it is framed:


Goal #6: start "The Wave," any amount!: Complete! I started this on Nov 16, and this is my progress:
 


In addition to these goals, I started and finished one additional design, and started two other designs:

I started and finished "The Lonely Mountain: The Hobbit" from Quirkorium on Etsy as a Christmas present for my dad.  This is what it looked like finished and framed:



I also started two more patterns.  First, a kit that was a birthday present from my bf, "Beauty and the Beast Falling in Love" (Disney Dreams, MCG Textiles).  I started it on Oct 4, and this has been my progress so far:


I also started "Winter Friend," (Gorjuss, Bothy Threads kit) on Nov 18.  My progress so far:


I will post in a week or so with my goals for 2015!  May your holidays be filled with stitching! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment