Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Stitch from Stash: June

Month: June
Spent: $33.39
Earned: $0 (I had a finish, but it was from a pattern I bought in February, so not quite 6 months ago!)
Carry-Over: ($68.82 previous + $25 this month - $33.39 spent this month) = $60.43 left over from my budget from the last six months.  Not too bad: this group has really helped me keep track of and manage my spending habits!  My goal for the next half of the year will be to finish more projects. :)

This month's spending was entirely on a gift I will be stitching for my future sister-in-law and her second child, who is due at the end of August. (She isn't a blog reader, so I can share!)  I stitched a baby sampler for her first child, and decided I will stitch one for all future nieces and nephews as well.

The theme for the nursery is vintage, with pastels, and I found a lovely birth sampler pattern by Brooke Nolan (Brooke's Books) which fits the theme and color scheme perfectly:

"Spring Baby Girl Sunshine Line"

Just waiting for the chartpack to arrive in the mail!  Also included in the total spending listed above are the specialty threads I purchased for the pattern (some Kreinik braid and ribbon, and DMC memory thread) from my favorite online stitchy store.  I'm very excited to stitch this! I have a few Brooke's Books patterns, and I love how intricate and three-dimensional they are. I was planning to stitch one of her spirit angel ornaments this year, but it looks like that one will be saved for later so I can work on this and hopefully get it finished before the baby arrives!

In terms of stitching this month, I finished "Tree Frog Trio," (yay!), and therefore got a new start.

Here is my finish:

I started "The Balloon" (a Gorjuss/Bothy Threads design).  I only have a small portion of it stitched right now (I'll upload a pic in my WIPocalypse post), but this is what it will look like finished:



I love the look of all of the Gorjuss designs, and I really love all of the purple in this one. :)
I will  be back for Stitch from Stash - B, and I look forward to reading all of your updates!

Happy Stitching! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment