Saturday, February 21, 2015

Stitch from Stash: February

Month: February
Total Spent: $24.97
($18.90 on "Indian Peacock", $5.99 for "Tree Frog Trio" and 8 cents (!), for Carousel Horses in Cross Stitch)
Earned: $0
Total Carry-Over to March: $14.38 ($14.35 carry over from January + $0.03 carry over from February)

Yes, this month, I spent almost my entire budget. :P  But I spent it on pretty patterns! 
At the start of the year, I was determined not to buy any more patterns/kit stash, and keep my spending to fabric and floss for the patterns I already own. I don't have as many patterns as some of you wonderful stitchers, but I do have enough to last me at least the next 4-5 years, so I've been trying not to accumulate too much more. I lasted a month haha.
I had a sort-of excuse: I just passed my big comprehensive exam for my master's program (whew!), so I decided to celebrate by purchasing a kit.  But then I got to the store and they were having a sale!  So I got two.  I know, I'm terrible. : )

The first kit I got is one I have been eyeing for about six months now.  It is "Indian Peacock" by Dimensions:



I love peacocks: mostly because of the colors, I think!   I really like the blues on this one.

The second kit I got is for my bf: he went shopping with me, and liked the design. He is very supportive of my hobbies (the other day he asked me how my WIPs were going... he actually said "WIPs", and I about melted), but it is not often that he says he would like me to stitch a certain pattern.  So of course once he said he'd like to see me stitch it, I had to get it!  It is called "Tree Frog Trio," and should be a pretty quick stitch compared to what I've been working on so far this year:



I'm planning to give it to him either framed, or as a small pillow: what do you all think?

I also found a cross stitch book on Amazon used for under $2, which, after using the remaining $1 and some change that I had on a gift card, ended up at a total of 8 cents!  It is Carousel Horses in Cross Stitch (Linda Gillium, Kooler Design Studio), and it has a carousel horse for each month of the year. Once it arrives, I will post a picture, and then try to decide which one I want to stitch first!

I will update you on my WIP progress in my WIPocalypse post next week!
Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment