Wednesday, February 4, 2015

WIPocalypse: February Check-In


Hi all,

I can't believe we're already into February!  Things are starting to get hectic again now that we're into the third week of the semester, and I'm trying to readjust myself after the relative peacefulness of winter break. : ) 

I had quite a bit of progress on my WIPS in the first half of the month when I was still on break, but haven't had as much time now that school is started, so my progress is pretty much on pace with what I am usually able to get done in a month.  I am hoping to have at least a couple of my WIPs completed by June so that I will have some artwork for the new place!
So, here are my before and after photos for the month of January:

Aurora Cabin Before:



















After:


Winter Friend Before:

After:


Beauty and the Beast Before:
 
After:


Sleigh Ride at Dusk Stocking Before:
 
After:

The Wave Before:
 

After:


Quiet Time Before:
 
After:





The topic for this month is: How do you overcome that feeling that you’re in a rut with a particular project?

My rotation has really helped me stay focused and interested in my projects.  Prior to 2014, I was a one-at-a-time stitcher for the most part, and would get bored.  Now, I have 6 WIPs going at all times, so if I'm having difficulty working with one, I can put it aside for awhile and work on another. 
 
Happy Stitching! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment