Friday, March 27, 2015

Stitch from Stash: March

Month: March
Spent: $12.98 (Kreinik and Mill Hill beads)
Earned: $0
Carry-Over: $14.38 + $12.02 this month = $26.40

I did have a finish this month: "Winter Friend" (picture is in my previous post), but I purchased it in October and started stitching it in November, so it doesn't count as a finish from stash.  But it is one more WIP complete! : )

I was lucky enough this month to be the winner in a giveaway hosted by Carolyn Mazzeo, a wonderful Floss Tuber who has some really helpful tutorials on parking and the pinhead stitch (if you're interested!)   The prize was a gift certificate to one of my favorite online stitchy stores, and I decided to use it to kit up the Spirit of Holiday Giving Angel Ornament (Brooke's Books):


I love the 3D nature of these ornament designs, which despite being labelled "ornaments", are pretty sizeable (5"x7"). I plan on stitching her this winter, and will probably use her as a windowsill/bookshelf decoration, rather than a tree ornament. I purchased the Kreinik, beads, and perforated paper for the design with the gift certificate plus $12,98 of my own (this is all I spent this month), so all I have left to purchase to completely kit this up is the DMC. 

I will post updates of my progress on my WIPs next week!  Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment